Sunday, April 4, 2010

And in this corner, weighing...

Why am I posting my weight?

I know in my heart that my goal is to feel better, not to lose weight. I don't think I am struggling with body image issues. But that is probably a lie. I really hate wearing polo shirts when I weigh over about 170 because you can see where my belly button is buried from the indents in the shirt.

The cool thing about button up shirts is that you can pull some fabric out so it isn't so tight around the belly. So I probably mean that I don't want to be focused on how I look or how much I weigh. I just want to focus on feeling better, having more energy both in my body and mind.

Posting my weight mirrors what has been very successful for me in the past. I put a calendar up on the mirror in the bathroom and write my weight down everyday. I also write down what activities I did that day. Nothing fancy. I know when I stop writing my weight and activities down I have stopped trying to live healthier. It is really gratifying to see slow steady progress...I shoot to lose 1 to 2 lbs. a week while I am overweight. I appreciate my little weight log the most when I can see that I am not gaining even though my eating and exercise aren't where I want them to be.

****

Today is Sunday. I try and rest from all work out activities on Sunday. I weighed 192 this morning. I feel great about this because yesterday's Easter egg hunt left tons of my favorite candy laying around the house. I took a little walk in the orchard and saw some Jolly Rancher jelly beans on the ground. If you don't understand why I wanted to get on my hands and knees and Hoover those suckers, then you are probably reading the wrong blog.

3 comments:

  1. I weight about the same as you. :(

    My neighbor asked me the other day if I was pregnant. I told her I'm 48 years old!!! She said, "It's been known to happen." I grabbed my stomach and said, "I'm just fat." She grabbed hers and looked just as fat as me. I should have asked her if she was pregnant. meow.

    I prefer the Sweet Tart jelly beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr. No one has has asked me if I am pregnant. I just assumed they assumed.

    ReplyDelete