Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Shining

Yesterday was the first inkling of the shine coming off the rose.

I made my plans.  I read some new books.  I got my new running socks.  I tried some new foods.  I started my blog.  I have been at it since late January and a lot of the newness has been driving me and the newness ran out.  So I am very interested to see what happens next.  I wonder if I am going to keep going or repeat past patterns where I maintain for several months then make my first trip back to Jack in the Donald's and slather myself...for four years.

Stay tuned.

I was re-reading The God Father.  Never tell anyone outside the family what you are thinking again.  :)

****

194 and holding steady.  I had a great run yesterday...about a mile and half and felt good and strong the whole run.  Annette ran with me which is a miracle.  She doesn't like to run so I thought it was cool she came along.

I went to the gym tonight right after work.  Bosu push ups, squat rows, Bosu curls, squat one arm deadlifts, standing kickbacks and some funky lay-on-my-back hip lift whack-a-doodle.  I really liked the circuit but I just felt weak.  I remembered that I forgot to eat something before the workout.  I made that mistake a lot several years ago when I was working out early in the morning.  Hopefully, lesson learned.  Car can't go on an empty tank.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff, you should add a site meter to your blog. Here is a link: http://www.sitemeter.com/ You can do it for free. It shows you all kinds of information about who is reading your blog, including what country they are from. You would be surprised to see how many people do a Google search and end up at your blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete